Annette comes in two sizes:
Handbag: 13” Wide, 9” Tall, 5” Deep
Traveler: 18” Wide, 12” Tall, 7” Deep
She can be made with woven or vinyl accents. The zipper has a tab that tucks into the inside of the bag. You could use a separating zipper as well to omit the zipper tab. The interior has a zipper pouch and of course you can add additional slip pockets inside. The exterior has two large and deep slip pockets on the sides. Perfect to slide your phone or pens in.
Materials (handbag is listed first the amount in parenthesis is the traveler size):
- 1/3 yard exterior fabric (1/2 yd)
- 2/3 yard weight lining fabric (1 yd)
- 2/3 yard contrasting fabric, woven or vinyl (3/4)
- 2/3 yard foam interfacing (Pellon Flexfoam FF77) (1 1/4)
- 1/4 yard fusible heavy stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F) (3/8)
- 3 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101) (4)
- 2/3 yard fusible web (Pellon WonderUnder 805) (optional) (1 1/4)
- Two 1” swivel clips (not needed)
- Two 3/4” D-rings (not needed)
- Four 1” rectangle rings
- 16” or longer all-purpose zipper (main compartment) (20″)
- 7” all-purpose zipper (pocket) (9″)
- Fabric glue
Annette is turned from the interior zipper pocket making her quite easy and fast to make. However, I would definitely call it an intermediate level pattern. She took less than 5 hours cut to finish.
While I was at the park taking pictures of her, a guy in his car talking on the phone with his windows rolled down yelled, “Hey, really nice bag!” I don’t know if he was being sarcastic and making fun of me taking pictures of a bag or being honest. I’ll believe he was being honest. HA!
I used out of print Tula Pink fabric-the Nightshade line and black sparkle vinyl for the exterior. She makes me so happy!